Secure Data Eraser is a solution to keep your computer privacy:
- wipe files and folders;
- wipe disk drives and flash memory;
- wipe unused disk space.
Secure Data Eraser overwrites data in either fast or secure erase algorithms with multiple passes using overwrite patterns designed to achieve military-strength security.
Secure Data Eraser erases files completely, so sensitive information CAN NEVER BE ACCESSED OR RECOVERED using any data recovery software or even in a special data recovery laboratory.
You can choose from several overwrite patterns:
- Zeroes - Filling with zeroes in one pass. Fast.
- Pseudo-Random - Filling with pseudo-random numbers in one pass. Fast. Hides the fact that the data is wiped.
- DoD 5200.22M (8-306. / E) - Fills with a special number pattern in 3 passes. Slow. Very secure. *
- DoD 5200.28M (8-306. / E, C and E) - Fills with a special number pattern in 7 passes. Very slow. Very secure. *
* Defined in the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual of the US Department of Defense.
- Peter Guttman - Fills with a special number pattern in 35 passes. Terribly slow. Military-level security. **
** Based on Peter Gutmann's paper "Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory".
These patterns are designed to effectively remove the magnetic remnants from the hard disk making it impossible to recover the data. As an alternative, you can modify any pattern and create new ones for your special needs!
You can download a free trial version (1803 KB) of Secure Data Eraser and test it before purchasing
Secure Data Eraser is shareware. If you would like to use all its features a registration is required. You can order the fully licensed version of Secure Data Eraser over the Internet with any major credit card.